KaLeiDosThoughtsbutterfly

Random thoughts... Happy Thoughts... Sad thoughts... Anything goes!!!

Tuesday, February 08, 2011

Angelo Reyes' suicide

I was on the elevator going up to the office when I heard the news that Angelo Reyes was shot in Loyola Memorial Park. Shot in the cemetery? Why? I thought it was suicide and later on my thought was confirmed. He committed suicide!

He has been in the news a lot lately. My boss’s radio is quite loud and I can hear parts of the senate hearings on the corruption in the Armed Forces. It really is a mess, a scandal to be hearing about huge sums being given to higher ups in the Military! He was one of those mentioned of being given millions and he was denying this. He was going to fight by filing charges on the people that wants to put him down.

Then yesterday in the hearing, they also included his wife in the scandal…

And now he committed suicide.

I wonder just what went in his head. What was he thinking? How did he feel?

Then I remembered Teodoro Borlongan, a banker that committed suicide also a couple of years ago who even wrote a prayer-poem prior to his suicide giving a glimpse on what went on in his head. He wasn’t really thinking about himself but his family and others and suicide seemed his best option. I didn’t agree with his option but then again I wasn’t in his shoes, right?

And now I think of the retired General…Don’t think he was really thinking of himself… on an easy way out! Maybe he was willing to take hell or be in hell for the sake of his family? Thinking that it was the best option for his family and others?

I really don’t know. All I know is that I felt sad when I heard the news. Don’t ask me why… I just did!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home