KaLeiDosThoughtsbutterfly

Random thoughts... Happy Thoughts... Sad thoughts... Anything goes!!!

Sunday, July 16, 2006

Shepherd's thoughts...

My niece celebrated her 7th birthday yesterday and my favorite cousin who’s on vacation from Saudi was also around. I was late coming since I had to tend to my flock… Gosh heavy words but I realized that being a HOLD household head could be difficult. Actually mine is not even really a flock yet but more of wild horses that are caught and being tamed yet… Hehehe if they only hear me compare them to wild horses, I’m sure they would freak out so I guess I better explain…

I actually have another prayer community and it is a lot simpler there. My group are already prayerful people who have gone beyond mere vocal prayers and are at home with just being quiet and waiting on God. We would meet once a week and there is not much activity nor talking but more just being together in prayer. There are the regulars but sometimes some would not attend, so you would say we are together like a flock and some would fall astray occasionally…

My present group is different. They have just finished their Christian Life Program and many of them were not that regular in their attendance. Some even have to be fetched by other handmaids to make it to the 13 weeks of our CLP. Am I saying that they are NOT good? No… actually, I am just saying that they are used to their own set of activities and the HOLD activities have not been really established in their system yet. They are like great wild horses used on their own but suddenly captived (well I certainly hope God's call have captivated them!) and I would have to be able to nurture them and lead them to a new way of life!

Some are already excited and looking forward to the household meetings and I know that I would have to keep their momentum… some are still resisting and weighing whether their other concerns are more important than a household meeting. So I should know how I could best address that especially since there are limitations too! I’m only free on weekends and they have other activities too plus many of them have no mobile phone that I could just leave a message to. And since I have not really made them part of the flock yet that just have to be guided and would easily hear my call, I would have to attend to them individually (did you just hear my sigh??? It was pretty deep!) It is actually a big challenge and I know that I can’t really rely on my own but need BIG help…so I am counting on it and hoping that I, who have never really been a shepherd but a carefree spirit would be able to lead them to green pastures…

Anyway, this is turning serious but there are actually lighter notes on my new activity. On my first visit to one sister who was 60+ years old, her son was around and he was just courteous but on my next visit he was drunk and bubbly… he boldly approached me, extended his hand and said his name while apologizing a bit admitting he was drunk… he later asked if he could also join our Saturday group and I said (NICELY) that he would have to join another group since ours was strictly for women but I would tell him if there was A CLP for “mature” single men. He then mentioned that he was “available” and would it be all right to court “available” women there (YIKES!!!) I was with another sister who’s married and she was quick to reply that many handmaids are actually married. GOOD FOR HER… err US since my silence should have implied I wasn’t interested but I am actually used to these things since I’ve actually had STRANGE approach in the past… good thing I am taller than them and could easily brush things off.

Also, last night after I accompanied my cousin to get a taxi, I passed by our talipapa (makeshift market) along our road. I noticed that one “sister” who used to sell fruits was selling other merchandise. I asked her where her fruits are and she said that they are a bit expensive so she is selling some stuff instead but she’ll certainly sell her fruits on the next days. I was not in a hurry, so I stayed awhile and talked. The area has no light since one of the electric post was busted (guess from overload) and we were talking over candlelight. She was selling stuff that she got from Divisoria (stuff that I am familiar with since I work in that area!)… well I was in the mood to explain the goods and many actually stopped by… some even asked if I was the one selling and I would say that I was just an assistant. Only a few bought though since many said they have NO money yet and would come back when they have one and I would say Okay do so since the cart will still be there on the next days. And I certainly hope they do since that would make Sister Martha happy. She was actually happy and some of her words struck me “Talaga pala kahit mataas bumababa kung kay Lord!” (it is true that High people could go down for the Lord). Well I’ve always been “mataas” (tall), but I’ve never really been high nor mighty… gosh, I am not even rich!!! But I guess some people from my neighborhood perceive me as one since I have been detached from them. I’m really a simple person and I don’t think that I would really have time to be with a lot of people but it certainly is nice when my presence somehow touch other people.

Okay this has turned long and I was actually planning on writing something else about my cousin. She is one of the grandest people I know and I love. I’ll do that another time but if you want some glimpse of her, look for “never lose that smile” in my earlier Kmail. She really never lost her smile despite the many adversities that came her way! She is one NEAT lady!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

nice blog.... please blog your travel @ and win prices...

http://www.lakbaypilipinas.com/blog/

6:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home