KaLeiDosThoughtsbutterfly

Random thoughts... Happy Thoughts... Sad thoughts... Anything goes!!!

Saturday, August 20, 2005

Handmaid of the Lord

"I am the handmaid of the Lord, let be it done to me according to your word" Luke1:38


I have always been fascinated by that verse. Amazed at how Mary could fully consent and trust in the Lord! And when I read that verse or hear it or see the CFC Handmaids of the Lord stickers on cars I would reflect on her deep faith and pray that I could be the same too.

Although I consider myself a prayerful person, there are times I find myself praying yet at the back of my mind I would be thinking on how I would solve my problems... and oh, I could be stubborn and persistent especially if I think that what I am doing is right! And there are times when my mind says "I believe You, Lord or I trust You, Lord" yet my heart feels otherwise... I feel burdened and it shouldn't be so!

Oh, I am not really being hard on myself. I know that the Lord always look through my intentions... and though my faith is not perfect, I know that He loves me and will always love me! I am happy though that I have finally finished Couples For Christ's Handmaids of the Lord Christian Life Program. I am also happy that the HOLD community has welcomed me... and truth is I like to be called a handmaid of the Lord! Now if I could just ALWAYS reply to God "Let it be done to me according to Your word"... then that would be a real blessing. I know that it could be difficult... but then again.. with God nothing is impossible!

~~~
I luv u Lord!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really enjoyed it. I have a site/blog also you might really enjoy

3:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi, I'm a handmaid from Phils who chanced on your blog when I searched. Unfortunately, I can't view clearly your home page because the background design obscures the text of the posts. Can soemthing be done? thanks and god bless

11:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home