KaLeiDosThoughtsbutterfly

Random thoughts... Happy Thoughts... Sad thoughts... Anything goes!!!

Monday, September 10, 2012

Listening to World Music

I have not been posting on this site but it doesn't mean I have been inactive. I have resumed with my work and my service in my community and my other normal activities plus I also took a Massive Open Online Course (MOOC) from Coursera.

The course is Listening to World Music offered by Prof. Carol Muller and her team from the University of Pennsylvania. It is a 7-week course that ran from July 23 to September 9, 2012. I quite enjoyed the course since I got to learn about different cultural and musical traditions not just from the course lectures but more from the discussion forums as students and the LTWM course team interacted and shared insights and other resources.

It was not a breeze going through the course though as there were essay assignments, quizzes and a final examination which I was able to complete. Although there were 7 topics, we only submitted 6 essays since the last week was already a preparation for the integration and review for the final examination. The essay grade per topic is an average of  the peer-review of at least 5 other students plus your own assessment of yourself based on the rubrics provided by the course team. There have been some complains on the grading in the discussion forum but I guess I am lucky since the students who reviewed my work gave me good grades :-).

The professor will be offering a certificate to those who completed the course with a grade of at least 70% so I am looking forward to that. In the meantime, I thought I'd share my essays here.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous beth said...

Yehey. Finally got my Statement of Accomplishment (with distinction) for the course. Grade of 96.85. I think I did pretty well. :)

12:31 PM  
Anonymous Sebastian said...

Very nice post.

6:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home