KaLeiDosThoughtsbutterfly

Random thoughts... Happy Thoughts... Sad thoughts... Anything goes!!!

Saturday, November 13, 2010

Hibernation

Just came from the province. Stayed there 5 days and though the mosquitoes and relatives always get excited and give me a joyful welcome… full of kisses! They stayed away a bit since my aunt made sure I have OFF Deep Woods on hand. And it actually worked!

I was in a place where the beach and the mountain beckons but I just stayed most time in my aunt’s home. She is sick and I figured I’d just stay around and humor her and keep her company especially so since I promised her I’ll come for her birthday. So except for a quick visit to the cemetery to light candles and offer prayers for our beloved dead on the day I came… and a quick visit to some relatives before the night before I left, I was just there in my aunt’s home… listening to her…talking to her…attending to her… listening to their music… eating… sleeping and reading occasionally (ahhh just able to read one book, would take a peep when free only). I thought I was in hibernation!

I did not get kisses from the mosquitoes (well actually one kiss on my shoulder I could still feel now) but I did get a nice visitor there. A brown butterfly came, Wednesday morning and it hovered around the house even circling me even though there were others in the living room. I followed it trying to get a snap from my celfone but it went out of the door. Then Thursday morning, my aunt’s birthday. It came again! It looked like the same butterfly again. And I remember my papa’s words that butterflies are good omens… the people around said that money was coming when they saw that the butterfly was brown… Ohhh of course I want money to come! But I also wondered if maybe if was papa’s sign that he was happy I visited my aunt. That surely is a nice thought!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home