KaLeiDosThoughtsbutterfly

Random thoughts... Happy Thoughts... Sad thoughts... Anything goes!!!

Sunday, July 11, 2010

Road Ahead

My youngest sister gifted me with a B23 duo myphone. She knew that I wanted a celfone that has both AM/FM radio since most celfones only have FM radio. And what’s more it is a totally Pinoy Phone which has Pinoy quotes, OPM, and even prayers. Well not all of them are Pinoy prayers but they are common prayers and devotions of Pinoys!

And while exploring the prayers I came across – Road ahead. I clicked on it to listen and was surprised to learn that it was a prayer of Thomas Merton which I found on his book “Thoughts on Solitude” a very small book which fitted on my shirt pocket and which I used to carry a lot. The prayer goes…
"My Lord God, I have no idea where I am going. I do not see the road ahead of me. I cannot know for certain where it will end. Nor do I really know myself, and the fact that I think I am following your will does not mean that I am actually doing so. But I believe that the desire to please you does in fact please you. And I hope I have that desire in all that I am doing. I hope that I will never do anything apart from that desire. And I know that if I do this you will lead me by the right road, though I may know nothing about it. Therefore I will trust you always though I may seem to be lost and in the shadow of death. I will not fear, for you are ever with me, and you will never leave me to face my perils alone."
- Thomas Merton

I loved this prayer so much since it is a prayer of faith and hope. I never realized that it is a common prayer but I’m glad to have found it again!

Incidentally I found a song that was based on the prayer and I am also posting it here:



The song is also nice :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home