KaLeiDosThoughtsbutterfly

Random thoughts... Happy Thoughts... Sad thoughts... Anything goes!!!

Sunday, June 06, 2010

Kasalan sa Parokya

UP Chapel sponsored a Kasalan sa Parokya (Parish mass wedding) for their Parish fiesta and my brother and sister-in-law joined them.

It was supposed to be a mass wedding but instead only two couples were married. I asked the in-charge why? Are there not many people wanting to get married in church anymore? No, she said, there were more that wanted to join but that they were not able to meet the required papers – baptismal and confirmation certificate etc.

So, my brother and sis-in-law were lucky since theirs turned out to be just a double wedding and the parish provided for the flowers including the bride’s flowers. They were advised previously that there won’t be a procession for the others in the entourage but since there were just two couples, there was a procession and they had ample of time for picture taking. Well, I said lots of time but there were not many people that came (so not much photos too!) … most just waited at home for the reception. Just the family but then again ours is a big family so no need to invite others since our house was already full. :-)

The wedding was simple but there was one thing that really caught my attention. It was the Reading. The reader, read a verse from Corinthians specifically for married couples (usually the reading for wedding is from Tobit). And it was not like she was reading but she was more talking to them, giving them counsel. I don’t know if my brother and sis-in-law and the other couple were listening carefully but I could feel her words and I wished that they would keep them in their hearts.

To Dan and Cyn. God bless you!

1 Comments:

Blogger Kinchai said...

Yes, I really liked the reading as well and it seemed like she was talking to us and I really felt the message of the reading :)

Thank you Ng Beth for everything.

It was a simple gathering of people closest to my heart. ^_^

10:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home