KaLeiDosThoughtsbutterfly

Random thoughts... Happy Thoughts... Sad thoughts... Anything goes!!!

Sunday, May 30, 2010

The Holy Trinity

Today is the Solemnity of the Holy Trinity.
Three Persons in one God.
God the Father,
God the Son, and
God the Holy Spirit
.

I suddenly remembered the mural I saw while I was in Victorias City, Negros Occidental last April. We stayed in the Victorias Milling Company compound and I was able to visit the church of St. Joseph the Worker commonly known as the church of the Angry Christ.

I don’t really know why they call Him the Angry Christ because when I looked at His face, He didn’t really seem angry. But His outstretched arms show strength and power that you could probably associate with anger moreso since the figure was highlighted by the bright color combination.

Anyway, a lot of people focused on Angry Christ. I did too. After all it was on the altar and that's how they tell you when you visit. But after looking at Christ I looked at the cubes in the ceiling and I immediately exclaimed the HOLY TRINITY! I could see God the Father on the first and outer layer of the cube as depicted by the EYE. Then the second layer shows the INRI which was written in Jesus Christ's cross and the last layer was the Dove which is the Holy Spirit.

I found it great the way it was done because You could only see All the Three depicted at a certain distance only. I am not sure if that was the intention of the artist but that's the thing that came to me immediately when I saw it. I visited other blogs to confirm if my reaction was correct but I have not read them in other posts. Enrico Dee and Dong Ho had informative posts on the mural plus nice photos too! You have to visit them to appreciate the mural since the shot from my celfone was really bad. Dong had a better view though of the second panel depicting Jesus Christ.

Three Persons One God. It is awesome!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home