KaLeiDosThoughtsbutterfly

Random thoughts... Happy Thoughts... Sad thoughts... Anything goes!!!

Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Schleprock

I met someone tonight that kept on talking about all the bad things that have been happening to her that I immediately remembered Schleprock from the Flintstone's Pebbles and Bambam cartoon show. Everywhere he goes, bad things happen. Nothing seems to turn right for him. And that's exactly how our new friend sees her life.

She has been swindled of millions of pesos... she lost her husband and her friends have turned away from her upon learning that she no longer have money... she is old...her friend betrayed her and stole her clients... she is sick...her creditors are running after her and she has nothing to pay... the people she is helping doesn't appreciate her efforts... she is depressed... she finds no meaning in life...the list goes on.... Nothing good ever seems to come her way lately.

And she has thought of ending her life because she feels she has no life anymore...

And we we were telling her to just pray but even her prayers are all complaints... and I thought that that was the saddest thing. To focus on the difficulties that you can no longer see the other good things that you have in your life... because if you really look then you'll know that there is so much to be thankful for afterall...

I am praying for her of course but I know that the best thing is still for her to let go of her present mindset. It could be very difficult, I know. But the more she entertains the negative thoughts... of how pitiful her situtation is... the more she gets depressed and the more she goes deeper with her "bad luck" and people around her also feels the effects of her bad luck...

I also remembered a quote from Garrison Keillor on luck. He says "Some luck lies in not getting what you thought you wanted but getting what you have, which once you have got it you may be smart enough to see is what you would have wanted had you known."

I certainly hope she sees this... I know it's hard to see it in her situation but truth is... it could be worst... and sometimes problems are opportunities for you to do good and improve especially if you put your trust in the Lord.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well with her situation, it is hard to see if theres something better coming her way. I dont know what I do if I was in her shoe. Good luck to her and God help her!

10:23 AM  
Anonymous bing said...

hi, elizabeth... been a long time since i visited. how are you?

it is more easy to say to a troubled person to just pray or to look at the brighter things or the good side of his or her life. but a friend who will stay by her side no matter what and help him or her stand up from the quagmire he or she is in is a truly a blessing.

my life as of present is not going well as i had expected but i trust in the Lord that He will not leave me nor abandon me. my weaknesses are my strength thru Him who loves me.

8:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home