KaLeiDosThoughtsbutterfly

Random thoughts... Happy Thoughts... Sad thoughts... Anything goes!!!

Monday, January 25, 2010

The Invisible woman



I got that video from my brother-in-law this morning and thought it was nice.
Later I got a text message from one of our auditors who was resigning saying that he suddenly felt sad leaving and thanked me because he learned a lot from me. I was touched of course and got misty eyed and realized that unlike Nicole from the video, I am lucky that I get appreciated for my efforts… of course there was also an added thought that other people appreciate you more than your family since the things you do for your loved ones are kind of expected… a given.

Tonight my friend asked if I get misty eyed every time somebody praises me and I said “No.” There are times that I do long for appreciation but often times I don’t really like being praised. It makes me conscious of the thing I have done well (as others see it) and somehow it lessens the joy of doing something because I would ask myself if I did it so I get noticed or I did it because I wanted to. Nicole is right, invisibility is actually a cure for self righteousness. But I would not really want to be invisible to the point of not being noticed… that I don’t exist! Ahhh I think that would be terrible! I just don’t want it to be focused on the things I do.

Nicole mentioned that even if others don’t see you, God sees you and it also made me think of St. Ignatius of Loyola’s prayer as often times sang in church…

Dearest Lord, teach me to be generous.
Teach me to serve you as I should;
to give and not to count the cost;
to fight and not to heed the wounds;
to toil and not to seek for rest;
to labor and ask not for reward, save that of knowing
that I do Your most holy will.


Amen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home