KaLeiDosThoughtsbutterfly

Random thoughts... Happy Thoughts... Sad thoughts... Anything goes!!!

Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Misa de Gallo

This year I have decided to try to complete the Misa de Gallo or dawn mass, a 9-day novena mass anticipating Christmas. I have never completed such mass and have not actually tried attending one in a long time preferring to celebrate my usual noon mass. I have always been a good sleeper and at the time said mass is said, I am usually deep asleep... dead to the world.

We were not going to have our company's annual Auditors' Training which I conduct this time of the year so I thought it would be good to celebrate and complete the Misa de Gallo. I have checked the schedule and the chapel near our place where I could just walk to celebrates their mass at 4:00 am. I could prepare at night and wake up at 3:30 am and be able to make it for the mass. My cousin who just recently arrived from the province agreed to go with me so mama would not worry about me walking alone especially in dark alleys where I have to pass to.

I have recorded my voice reminding me to wake up so I could attend the mass and I have made such recording as the alarm for my celfone.

Today was the first day. My alarm properly woke me up and it didn't take long to prepare. We then walked towards the church. My cousin and I were the only people walking but we passed by some people on the road... some were just talking... some were in the game shops playing... too early for regular activities. The small flashlight I brought aided us in the alleys we had to pass. In the main road, there were lots of people heading for the Chapel and we could hear Christmas carol being played as we came nearer. We made it on time though the chapel was already overflowing with people. We eased our way inside and even if we stood up the whole service, we got to celebrate the first of our dawn masses.

It felt good! :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home