KaLeiDosThoughtsbutterfly

Random thoughts... Happy Thoughts... Sad thoughts... Anything goes!!!

Sunday, November 15, 2009

Boxing and Job

Manny Pacquiao did it again! He made history by winning 7 titles in different division and The Philippines is proud of him. Not just The Philippines but a whole lot others that even before the fight Time magazine already featured him in their covers.

People at home watched the game live through video streaming as they have done in the past and I could imagine their excitement as they watched. I had to meet some people so left home early and I watched the game when I got home later from the video copy they made. They know that I would be more at ease watching the fight after I’ve learned the outcome. I have watched some of his games live before and they were all laughing at me since I seem to be candidate for a heart attack watching the game and I could sure feel the pressure on my heart watching… continuously praying that he wins!

It is not really as exciting watching the game after you know the outcome but the assurance that whom you’ve been routing for won somehow makes up for the thrill… there is still the element of Joy.

I have just finished watching the game when I thought about the story of Job from the bible. How he had everything…lost everything… even being judged by his friends to have done something wrong that he was being punished…yet in the end was justified when God restored to him everything. It is one of the most popular stories in the bible to see you through during your adversity and difficulty. Every time I read it or hear of it, I would think that I could appreciate it because I already know the outcome… that in the end he was victorious. But to be in his shoes (or sandals for that matter) during the time when he lost everything and was sore from all over his body… I would think that I would want to die already… pretty much like the “heart attack” feeling when I watch boxing fight when I am routing for somebody... hoping it to be over so I know the outcome of the game!

It is only through determination and HOPE that you could actually go through your life or game when you feel uncertainty or things going wrong… but you move on and you fight even harder and never losing hope. Then you feel the sweet taste of victory even more after the struggle.

Yup the sweet taste of victory indeed!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home