KaLeiDosThoughtsbutterfly

Random thoughts... Happy Thoughts... Sad thoughts... Anything goes!!!

Sunday, May 03, 2009

Round 2

Just round two and the Paquiao-Hatton fight was over!

Actually I wasn’t able to view Manny Pacquiao’s fight live since I was invited to play the guitar for a fiesta mass near our place. It was just held in the chapel and there were not many people as those celebrating the fiesta of their patron are from another place who built the chapel in that neighborhood.

There was going to be a screen in the covered basketball court in our barangay and my brod-in-law was planning to go there but he just stayed home when he learned that my brother was able to get a live video streaming (for free) in the internet as in the last fight of Pacquiao.

I was in the chapel when I heard shouting… just two sets of shouting and I did not know what happened next. The priest stopped his homily for a short while knowing that the shouting came from those people glued on the fight but he caught our attention once more saying that we, the people inside the chapel were the winners. I heard after the mass though that Manny won in just two rounds. Ahh we all asked “that fast?”

I got home around 2:00 pm and the main fight has not even started on TV. My sis-in-law told me about the fight and said that my brother immediately went out of our gate, shouted and jumped when Manny won. Hehehe… I told her, that he was just showing off to the neighbors that he saw the fight ahead! Nobody was in our living room when I came as they were already doing their business. I opened the TV even if I knew who already won. Geez the fight was supposed to be over in less than 6 minutes but it took forever to broadcast that fight on TV! It was almost 3:00 pm when they started showing the fight. So many advertisements!

I was glad that Manny won but it would have been nicer if the fight was longer and I still didn’t know what the outcome would be as I see them slug it off showing off their skills and my heart would go thump… thump… thump…excited… worried on what the outcome would be.

I sure missed that thrill but the joy that Manny once again shared honor for our country was nice and I know of someone else who would have been happy to see the fight… Hmmm… or maybe he too was watching the fight?

1 Comments:

Anonymous Henry Andrews said...

Very thoughtful blogg

4:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home