KaLeiDosThoughtsbutterfly

Random thoughts... Happy Thoughts... Sad thoughts... Anything goes!!!

Tuesday, December 30, 2008

The longest line .........................

Went to the grocery… there was a long line in the package counter and people were complaining… the guy manning the counter was working double and fast. He got my package when it was my turn and he smiled as he gave my claim tag.

It was the same in the cashier counters. All the cashiers were busy, there were long lines in all counters and most carts and baskets were full… the wait was long to get to my turn but still I got served…well, eventually anyway…

Then I had to claim my package. Geez! The line on the claim section was even longer! It was probably 10 times the line on the deposit section when I got in earlier and it was a really long line. There was now a very short line on the deposit section as most have probably backed out on doing their shopping after they saw the line. The wait was long and lots of people were muttering their complaints but one man was real angry and was scolding a supervisor. He wouldn’t stop complaining… and I couldn’t help looking and listening! Then it was finally his turn and I did not see him anymore. I still had to wait for my turn… And I waited and waited and waited until finally it was my turn. It was the same guy that released my package and there was still that smile on his face when he handed my package. Now, I couldn’t help myself thanking him seeing his effort and the smile…

Then I got out of the grocery ready to go home after the long lines… and I saw the complaining man… Ah he was talking to a lady and he was still angry as he talked about the long line… Suddenly a thought flashed my mind! “Don’t sweat the small stuff!” Hmmm… he was not really sweating the small stuff but definitely SWEARING on the small stuff. He was only making is life miserable as he clings to that thought… maybe he enjoys making himself miserable… Hahaha… there were times I was like him too but good thing I wasn’t. Wish I’m always calm and at peace…

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

it always pays to be peaceful and calm. what would it gain anybody complaining when everybody is experiencing the same? and for obvious reasons.

wishing you a prosperous new year!

7:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home