KaLeiDosThoughtsbutterfly

Random thoughts... Happy Thoughts... Sad thoughts... Anything goes!!!

Monday, December 15, 2008

Anticipating Christmas

The Christmas season has not always been my “most” favorite of the season even if it is the most festive season in the Philippines. I actually find the season chaotic especially since I am in the bargain capital of the Philippines and the place is so crowded during this time. So many of my officemates enjoy the shopping and they get pretty good bargains but for an UNSHOPAHOLIC person like me, the volume of the goods around me overwhelms me! DO people really need all those stuff???

It is late I have not done any shopping… we are going to have our annual training and meeting and I have not fully prepared the materials for it…the year-end is nearing and I still have so much work to do in the office… Arghhh!!!

So many distractions for Christmas!

But Christmas is important, it is Christ’s birth we are looking forward to but the materialism that goes with the season “clouds” our focus. I have attended two Advent recollections and somehow they lifted the cloud of chaos that goes with the season.

Tomorrow is going to be the start of the Misa de Gallo (Simbang gabi). So many Catholics go to church to join in this novena mass but I have never completed one, for a long time I have also not really attended one… I have thought of attending and completing such novena mass but truth is, I am still more comfortable with the regular daily mass.

So like in previous years, I have decided to go on with my daily mass but this year I am also including a personal Christmas novena. It will help me reflect on the real essence of Christmas and really prepare my heart for Christ’s visitation…

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home