KaLeiDosThoughtsbutterfly

Random thoughts... Happy Thoughts... Sad thoughts... Anything goes!!!

Wednesday, November 05, 2008

American Dream

Last week I talked with a former officemate whose family has settled in the US for sometime already and she was telling me that the "American Dream" is gone. I am not really sure what she meant but I guess it is what many Filipinos consider as having a better life in the US than what they have here now.

She told me that life is difficult for them there now especially so since she is not currently working since she had an operation for colon cancer and is undergoing chemotherapy. She shared about how the value of their first property rose from $80K to as much as $300K and that they sold it (but at a lesser value than the 300K) and bought another property but now its value has gone really low!

Well I was telling her that life here is difficult too...well she already knows that... but I guess I was just consoling her and sharing in her sadness.

Now that the US has elected a new president, maybe she'll feel that the American Dream is still alive!

As for me... Am still hoping for my "Philippine Dream" that our country will be so rich that Overseas Filipinos would come back and other nationals would beg to be here...

Ahh will it ever come to reality???
You never know... sometimes things happen.
Of course it will never happen if we just keep on sleeping ;-)

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

someone told me not to loose hope and to keep hoping... i hope there is still a chance for the Philippines.

9:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home