KaLeiDosThoughtsbutterfly

Random thoughts... Happy Thoughts... Sad thoughts... Anything goes!!!

Monday, April 07, 2008

Biggest Philippine Volkswagen Gathering!

My sister and I were cruising along Commonwealth Ave yesterday morning when we spotted a lot of Volkswagen, mostly beetles, cruising along with us. I suddenly remembered that they are going to have a parade that day and will try to attempt to make it to the Guinness book of world records. We were both excited! We wondered whether we are going to see our old beetle with the group. She asked me its plate number and I told her. We’ve had it for so long that I knew its plate number! I had my mobile phone with me and tried to catch a video. I was able to take just a short segment since my phone suddenly bonked out on me. Geez, I wanted a souvenir but my sister told me not to worry since there is surely going to be a feature of it in the news or the internet anyway.

I got one from Youtube on its ads for the upcoming event. It is a top view though and not from the ground. There are already a lot of VWs here but this is not the real parade yet:



They also made early invites of course through print and online ads.

But I still have not seen a video for the real event. Ahhh makes me sad a bit since I want to include it here. Another time maybe?

The event was causing traffic. We were going to be late so that we had a mixed feeling being there. We were happy and wanted to stay longer and see some more but we had another important date as we will meet someone important to us also. But just the thought of a Volkswagen parade certainly made the first part of our day exciting and joyful.

But am still wondering if our old beetle made it there… will the new owners be as excited as us to join a parade? I hope they were excited and I hope they joined. Am crossing my finger!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ng beth,
may mga ibang upload na video about the volkswagen event sa youtube. check it out :)

9:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

old beetles last. they rock!

12:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home