KaLeiDosThoughtsbutterfly

Random thoughts... Happy Thoughts... Sad thoughts... Anything goes!!!

Sunday, February 11, 2007

Poo-Pooh Home

Nope, I'm not referring to Winnie the Pooh's home though I sometimes watch the cartoon with my nieces and nephews. I'm actually talking of the possibility of having homes built with some materials from manure. Yup, manure!!!

I just came across an article that says that US homebuyers may find themselves walking on manure floors soon as the US Department of Agriculture and the Researchers in Michingan State University say that fiber from processed and sterilized cow manure could take the place of sawdust in making fiberboard.

I have often heard of manure being used as organic fertilizer. Compost from chicken manure is quite common in our country espcecially in the rural areas. I have even seen lots of manure pies (well, they were round and looked likes pies!) being dried in the streets in India. From what animal, I really don't know! And I have wondered a long while what they use it for until i read that they are used for fuel. How? I still don't know but i guess they're used pretty much like how we use charcoal for cooking (sure hope not for barbeques though!!!) We also learned in school a long time ago how biogas is produced from manure and other farm waste materials. Am not really sure but I think our example then was the Maya farm.

Well using manure as fertilizer and for energy is already great. But homes made from manure??? That's even better! Especially for our country that needs low cost housing for the people. I hope they perfect the technology soon and I hope that such technology comes to our country fast!

What's even better is if they just don't use manure from farm animals but DOGS as well!

I see a lot of dogs poos in our streets especially in the morning. Maybe if researchers find a way to harness them for building homes and for energy, then owners would not let their dogs poo just anywhere? Maybe if the price is good like the prices of certain goods in junk shops, the owners would even consider building poo structures for them? Maybe if the demand for dogs poo is great they feed their dogs well??? And maybe if dogs' poos command value, then the owners would not let their dog stray in the streets anymore? And if so, I don't have to worry about stray dogs and stray poos anymore!

Ahh excuse me, sometimes weird thoughts follow good thoughts!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

not a bad idea, beth.. imagine, to make dog poos useful! dog buyers for azucena will divert their attention for sure.

11:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home