KaLeiDosThoughtsbutterfly

Random thoughts... Happy Thoughts... Sad thoughts... Anything goes!!!

Sunday, November 06, 2005

One lovely small yellow butterfly!

Just came upon a site on a pilot tracking the monarch butterflies on their long migration from Canada to Mexico. He flew with and filmed the migrating butterflies for 72 days using an ultralight plane (maybe one time I’ll get to view his film online). At first I was imagining thousands of butterflies on air on a massive formation but this was not so, as the pilot mentioned that they only gathered in great numbers in the ground when they come to rest.

What is spectacular though is that the butterflies that would be returning back to Canada are not the same butterflies that went to Mexico but their offsprings’ offsprings… actually already of the fourth generation. They have never seen the place they are supposed to go back to YET by instinct they would get there! Maybe it helps also that they are not traveling alone but with the other butterflies. Somehow, I wished that people have the same instinct. So many people really are lost and don’t really know where they are supposed to head to…

Anyway, just why did I suddenly surf on butterflies?

Well the other day was one of those NOT so good days… actually it was really a bad day! I felt lousy and agitated! But while I was walking on a dusty, polluted and crowded street on a hot day engrossed in my thoughts, I suddenly saw a small yellow butterfly. It was flying gracefully, unaffected by the things around it! It was so simple yet so lovely and seeing it was so unexpected that suddenly I felt at peace and lighthearted.

I don’t know but the site of a simple flower and those small yellow butterflies (oh ok… some white too but I still prefer the yellow ones) always does something to my heart. No matter how I feel, when I see them I would find myself lighthearted and for sure , a smile will form in my lips.

I still don’t know the species of the yellow butterfly but it doesn’t matter. I’m sure I’ll be seeing a lot more since I think I am one lucky soul!
Thanks for brightening my day, butterfly!

2 Comments:

Blogger Nick Ballesteros said...

Hello Elizabeth! It is indeed a surprise to see a butterfly in urban Manila. Before, they said there were even fireflies! But they have long since gone. Which may be an indication of how bad pollution here has become. *sigh*

I like your posts. I will link you up, if you don't mind. :-)

12:05 PM  
Blogger bing said...

hi, beth. some oldies say that butterflies are those dear loved ones who are always there to take care of us. maybe a foolish belief but sometimes it makes me feel somewhat comfortable when i see one.

1:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home