KaLeiDosThoughtsbutterfly

Random thoughts... Happy Thoughts... Sad thoughts... Anything goes!!!

Saturday, October 22, 2005

Reason... season...lifetime!

REASON…SEASON…LIFETIME

When someone is in your life for a REASON,

it is usually to meet a need you have expressed.
They have come to assist you through a difficulty,

to provide you with guidance and support,
To aid you physically, emotionally, or spiritually.
They may seem like godsend, and they are!

They are there for the reason you need them to be.
Then, without any wrongdoing on your part,
Or at an inconvenient time,
this person will say or do something
to bring the relationship to an end.

Sometimes they die. Sometimes they walk away.
Sometimes they act up and force you to take a stand.
What we must realize is that our need has been met,
Our desire fulfilled, their work is done.
The prayer you sent up has been answered.
And now it is time to move on.

Then people come into your life for a SEASON.
Because your turn has come to share, grow, or learn.
They bring you an experience of peace, or make you laugh.
They teach you something you have never done.
They usually give you an unbelievable amount of joy.
Believe it! It is real! But, only for a season.

LIFETIME relationships teach you lifetime lessons:
Things you must build upon in order to have
a solid emotional foundation.
Your job is to accept the lesson, love the person,
And put what you have learned to use in all other relationships
and areas of your life.

It is said that love is blind but friendship is clairvoyant.


I consider that poem special but I haven’t really been thinking about it until Rolly, myepinoy, commented on it when he saw it in my ksite and again after someone talked to me in icq.

Actually she asked to be included in my list but since I did not know her, decided to ask why. I figured it was also a subtle way of declining. I wasn’t really waiting for an answer and immediately closed the message box but she responded before the box closed and something caught my eye… Christian and abuse…

There is nothing in my profile that describes me except that I am Filipina and I got curious as to why an American woman would ask to be authorized. And though I did not authorize her, talked to her for a while. She was having problems with her marriage and needed someone to talk to. She says it was probably kindred spirits that brought her to me. I don’t really know but since it was my lunch break decided to let the talk flow… I said whatever came to my mind… I was glad to listen and shared some views but thought it was just one good act for that day.

However, after a few days, I got a message from her again and this time we had a longer talk, it was not just on her husband but even her child and some issues in her past. I would not want to sound like an expert… far from it! So I told her that I am not even married nor do I have kids of my own (I would be lying if I tell her I have no kids since there are so many kids, almost of all ages, in my home…they just did not come from my womb!) but she was still glad to talk to me and listen to my views and was thankful of our talk. Of course I wish her well and I don’t know if we will be talking again… maybe her need has already been answered by our short talks and that is the reason she found me in the net.

Talking to her also reminded me of the talks I had with my icq buddies before especially Pete.
Pete and I don’t talk anymore… the season of our roller coaster talks have ended but I would not say that our friendship has really ended...

People come into your life for a reason and a season… but if you have allowed them to touch your life… no matter how short your time together, I believe that the joys and the lessons learned remains with you for your lifetime.

There are some parts of the poem that was not included in my post. I’ve always thought that it was not complete. But I’ve found the original poem and I realized that I missed out the most important line. Some of my buddies would no longer be able to hear it but I hope that the kindred spirits that brought that woman to my screen will also bring it to some of my buddies…

THANK YOU for being a part of my life!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really like this poem.

Thank you so much.

4:33 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hi there Beth, love the poem, It was a great piece in highschool and still is. Great blog you ahve here. I'll link you up. Hope you don't mind.

www.angelove.blogspot.com

5:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home