KaLeiDosThoughtsbutterfly

Random thoughts... Happy Thoughts... Sad thoughts... Anything goes!!!

Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Double Rainbow!!!

Have you ever seen a double rainbow?

I have seen one today and it is amazing! It is my third time to see a double rainbow and I still feel awed every time I see one. I realized that it is not really a rare occurrence but then it is not ordinary either!

The first time I saw a double rainbow was when I was in a ferry boat going to Calapan, Mindoro. I had never heard of a double rainbow nor knew that such existed so that I was really excited to see one and the drizzle plus the sea and the islands we were passing through added beauty to the site! The rainbow didn’t stay long enough though and I did not see the whole ark of both rainbows but I couldn’t help myself from talking about it for the next few days!

The next rainbow I saw was in Texas.

I was with a tour group that came from a 10-day fall foliage tour from the Smokey Mountains of Tennessee and we were already headed back to Texas. It was an early afternoon and there were just a few of us left on the bus since some already disembarked on other stops… the sky was clear… actually the sun was very bright when suddenly it turned very dark… as in night dark… then followed by really heavy downpour… the change was so swift that we all became alert. Then eventually the rain stopped and it turned bright again and in a while there appeared a rainbow.. the colors slowly getting more distinct... a few more seconds and another rainbow appeared on top though not as distinct and bright as the first rainbow. It was fantastic! We were all glued to our window looking at it amazed and considering that the terrain we were passing through were flat, we can see the rainbow’s end almost touching the ground… a full double rainbow!

And now, another one. This was really unexpected. It was 6:45 am but it was already bright. I was walking toward my ride when I felt just one drop of water. I tried to see if it was going to rain but no sign... anyway I continued walking and crossed the most dangerous pedestrian crossing in my area, I always say a prayer of thanks every time I cross that and when I was on the other side, that’s the time I saw the double rainbows! Wow… a double rainbow on a clear day??? Too fantastic… I felt so happy that I told the girl walking towards me about it. I was in a hurry so I took a taxi and I remain glued on my window watching that rainbow. I still could not contain my joy and told the driver about it.. it is unusual and I wanted to share my excitement. Of course he didn’t look long since he was driving. I could see the outer rainbow slowly disappearing, there will be parts when there were obstructions but the rainbow will pop up again.. the inner rainbow was there till I got off on the taxi in Sto. Domingo church. I don’t usually take taxi but I was late for mass yesterday and I did not want to be late today!

I was walking towards the church and I still felt happy…then when I was inside and got near the altar, I saw the Psalm on the wall for that day "The Lord has done marvels for us". I smiled again…He has indeed… I felt blessed!

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

and you, my dear, are somewhat of a free spirit with the wonderful ability to capture images with words. I can see that rainbow in my minds eye. Now we need to find that pot of gold!!

11:26 PM  
Blogger bing said...

wow! wished i can see one, too! never experienced seeing a double-rainbow yet.

it reminds me of God's covenant to Abraham and his people...

1:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have not seen anything like that before and probably in my lifetime.

Anyhow, the way you described them, I can see them in my mind (like Hugh), much longer than what you saw. hahaha.

7:07 AM  
Blogger elizabeth said...

Bing and Rolly, i looked for a double rainbow in the internet and found a nice one if you are interested...
http://members.virtualtourist.com/m/193b5/9e2/
maganda yung view pero hindi na-capture yung outer rainbow masyado... mas malinaw yung nakita ko!
Hugh thanks for the comment. How I wish I knew how to find a pot of gold at the end of the rainbow!

3:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The pot of gold is within us...

Padraig

4:19 AM  
Blogger elizabeth said...

Thanks Pagraig.
You are right the pot of gold is within us...

11:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home