KaLeiDosThoughtsbutterfly

Random thoughts... Happy Thoughts... Sad thoughts... Anything goes!!!

Sunday, September 04, 2005

Sunflowers

My niece pointed to some sunflowers with big golden yellow flowers on the road and said in matter-of-fact voice that they face where the sun is. I smiled as listen to her. I was thinking that sunflowers are flowers of summer and here we are on our rainy season and still would see sunflowers blooming! It suddenly made me remember my childhood when I used to see a lot of sunflowers lined in the University Ave. of UP when I would visit an aunt there.

They were tall, big and wild! I was really fascinated looking at them since I don't get to see flowers that big... and so many of them. Then they remove it. They changed the flowers there. I guess they were gone for a long time but now they are back as I read in some of the pinoy blogs. I haven't passed that Avenue in a long long time so I would not reeally know but I think the flowers there are not as many and are not as alive and big as the ones I saw when I was younger.

Anyway, I wasn't smiling just because of that memory. I was also smiling because I thought it was a treat to see a sunflower on a rainy day! And you couldn't really say that those sunflowers are facing the sun as my niece said because there is no sun :-) but maybe like them, we should feel inside of us where the sun is even if we don't see it! Yeah... I think I smiled because it suddenly made me think that there is always hope...

1 Comments:

Blogger bing said...

very positive, 'lizbeth, and the sunflower as a symbol for hope - that's new but worth remembering!

10:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home