KaLeiDosThoughtsbutterfly

Random thoughts... Happy Thoughts... Sad thoughts... Anything goes!!!

Sunday, July 24, 2005

A rockin' comedy by Mitch Valdes

Last Friday, my friends and I went to watch the extended run of the Mitch Valdes' A rockin' comedy in the Captain's Bar of the Manila Peninsula Hotel. The performance starts at 9:00 pm and as early as 7:30 pm, there were already people there. The show was on a first-come-first-serve basis so you had to come early to get good seats. The place was full when the performance started and you don't really wonder why since it was a great show!

I have never laughed so hard in my entire life! There were some parts that I could not control my laughter that I could not stop my shoulders from moving and my tears from falling! My Chinoy (filipino-chinese) friends say that it is not good to laugh and cry at the same time but I could not help it... it was like my entire body was laughing that I've lost control of my tear glands!

I felt good laughing at her jokes... well many are actually not jokes but her funny experiences... but I also enjoyed her music. She has a good voice and she could sing seriously or play with her voice and she would sound good! I particularly liked it when she sang "I don't know how to love him", Mary Magdelene's song from Jesus Christ Superstar.. what can I say, I am sentimental and I like that song!

Ohh.. what does a serious song have to do with a comedy? It was not really comedy all through out for Mitch told her story as a performer through her music and that was one of the song she sang when she joined The Jesus Christ Superstar show at the Cultural Center early on in her career...She talked about her ups and downs...Maybe that's one of the reason the show is a success for it was a mixture of everything... blended perfectly that it was not boring!

Her band was good too! Like everything else it blended well... the music was loud but not loud to the ears... instead the vibration hits your heart..your chest.. your entire being that you feel the vibration going through your entire body. You can see that they too were enjoying the show and it brings a nice feeling!

I am not really fond of watching live performances but I am glad I went to this one... I really enjoyed it and had a nice time with my friends!

2 Comments:

Blogger bing said...

magaling talaga si mitch valdez kahit sa serious acting, 'lizbeth! i cannot forget the ORO, PLATA, MATA movie where she also starred.

4:40 PM  
Blogger elizabeth said...

I cannot recall that movie anymore (though i remember the title) but i agree she is good!

1:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home