KaLeiDosThoughtsbutterfly

Random thoughts... Happy Thoughts... Sad thoughts... Anything goes!!!

Saturday, May 07, 2005

Is life worth living?

I got this picture from a book I am currently reading, Treasure in Clay, an autobiography of Fulton Sheen.


Is life really worth living?

Just now, I got a text message from an aunt in the province telling me that my uncle has lung cancer. I have to go online to send and read an mail to my aunt in the US to tell of what's happening while my cousin in Saudi has been crying and has a heavy heart.

Yesterday, I saw the girls in the office talking among themselves, complaining on how difficult life is... on how difficult to budget our very meager salary with the threat of another transporstation hike plus increase in the prices of goods with no clear sign of an adequate increase in salary...

Last night when I got home, I saw that the sidewalk in front of our gate has a hole again. The water company decided to transfer the water meters (all 78 meters) in front of the school which is beside our home so that people could no longer illegally tap on it but someone has dug and made an illegal connection again and we are affected... not only are we inconvenienced with that hole but we have to shoulder part of that in our water bill, and we can't do much!

Everyday, I see more and more people on the street begging... so many children snuffing rugby... and so many snatchers roaming around you have to closely hold on to your belongings...

Everyday, I see people fighting... shouting at each other...

and most days, I wake up with some pain, I can't even understand my body!

So is life worth living?

Today, I woke up with the chirping of birds (yeah it was hot but there were birds singing to me "Good Morning!")...

then I got an early funny good morning text message from a friend...

I got down and see my family (yeah my nieces and nephews were noisy already but they are healthy), and there's food on the table...

I went to our simple garden and I saw that the sampaguita has flowers already and there were more branches and leaves coming out... that the other plants are growing well and the grass is beginning to thicken.

I remember that despite the complaints from the girls in the office, we have time to eat together and share funny stories or unload our burdens so that others could comfort us...

I think about my uncle and realize that even if he is sick, that he has his family to help him, to share his pain and comfort him...

That despite so many children begging on the streets... so dirty... I could actually see them smile and play with other kids turning the streets and sidewalks into a big playground!

Life is really difficult... but there will always be moments of joy... moments to be thankful for...
I've got a family that loves me... friends that cares for me and a God that is with me.
So is life worth living???

YEAH! LIFE IS WORTH LIVING! I am glad I am alive!!!

1 Comments:

Blogger admin said...

AMEN to that!

4:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home