KaLeiDosThoughtsbutterfly

Random thoughts... Happy Thoughts... Sad thoughts... Anything goes!!!

Monday, May 16, 2005

Coincidence???

Last night was just a short post before I slept since I was really tired from the trip to Quezon. Hope I can post some pictures from the Pahiyas in Lucban since it was really colorful but until I get hold of some pictures from Erwin, I'll have to talk of something else...

Anyway a weird thing happened in Gumaca...

I was supposed to be in the Carmel Monastery in Gumaca at 10:00 am but because of the heavy traffic, I got there at 12:30.. too late to attend the 25th anniversary of Sister Elizabeth of God (nope that's not me) even late for the reception but I still enjoyed the food and I ate a lot of pancit noodles! I also got to meet Sister Elizabeth. She was crowned with white flowers in her head and she was really beautiful! Not just physically beautiful but also with inner glow. Mother Catherine asked me to stay there for the night but I told her another time since I also thought of visiting our branch in Gumaca before heading to one of our auditors in Lucena so we could go to Lucban's festival the next day...I will really have to go back to Carmel since I have to return the book the novice mistress lent me...BUT that's not the story here...

I went to our branch, it was a short trip from the monastery and while there, I got to inspect the office, the store area and the warehouse... I just returned to the office with the manager when the watcher came to the office and handed me a letter. A letter for me? That is impossible so I gave it to the manager... but he gave it back to me since it was addressed to me...and he was right -written there was to Auditor Beth. I was in awe! I wondered who it came from or its content...I was shocked to note that the letter came from a former auditor who stayed with the company only for 2 weeks since he had a bad habit of borrowing money and things from people... I could not recall if I was the one who told him about his termination or if our boss told it herself after all it was such a long long time ago...

Anyway, back to the story. In his letter he wrote that he has been in Gumaca since 10 am and has not even eaten lunch (it was almost 3 pm then) their ride was held up by 2 of the passengers. The holduppers took his wallet, mobile phone and watch. He said he was lucky he found me in the area and that he always finds me when he is in trouble (well this is the second time he came to me and said he was held up, the first time was a few months ago when he went to our main office and said that he was held up while he was in the vicinity and he had no money to go home!) The first time it would have been easy to find me since I was just in the office... but to find me in a place I don't really go to... WOW!!! Goodness do you know how far Gumaca is from Manila.... very very far... I don't know how many kilometers but it is far! For him to find me there when I did not even mention my trip to people in the office is just too great of a coincidence!

He said he has not eaten lunch and gave a number where I can contact him... funny for him to write a letter when he could have just gone directly to me at the store huh? Anyway, I called the number, it was the local telephone station and they called him. Well, since he said he has not eaten I would have to feed him BUT I had no intention of meeting him alone! I asked the manager to accompany me in Jollibee -- Yup there's a jollibee in Gumaca! It is everywhere!!!

He came is shorts and shades with a big knapsack -- the "get up" of a tourist! He said he was en route to Buenavista but took an FX ride instead of the bus (I realized later that there were no FX in the area, there are vans there but no FX) and 2 of the passengers --one in front and the other at the back declared a hold up and carted their things (hmmm... he still had his knapsack and the manager even asked him how come they did not take it away and he said he pleaded because he was going to a be godfather in a wedding) he mentioned that he went to the telephone company so he could call his relatives and that he even borrowed money from the lady there, he also mentioned that he reported the incident to the police station there... just how he got to Gumaca was not really clear.. oh all right, I remember that he said that he hitched a ride in one of the bus going to Gumaca. I can smell something fishy already... but you know how it is with us Filipinos, really hard to confront the person and tell him straight in the face, I know you are lying!!! So okay I went along after all I felt safe knowing that the manager was with me and he was a big guy! I told him that we should go to the police station to inform the police there that he already met some people he knew in the area...he said he went to 2 police stations there and instead we landed in the local telephone station, he motioned using the phone then stopped and I told him I will pay his debt with the lady... the lady seemed surprised and said it was okay and I should not bother paying, then I was still insisting that we went to the police station to report. We were walking when I stopped in one of the stores since the manager casually pointed one man to be the brother of our District Manager brother. I stopped for a while (just a tiny bit) to say hello and did not realize that the guy went straight ahead... I asked the manager where he was and he pointed and he was going to the other station-- actually it was just a detachment... there was not even a blotter there but he wrote a name and was talking to those police... ahh i can really feel something is wrong... anyway, I gave him money for the trip... money is just money anyway. I went back with the manager to the branch and stayed there a while and then cautioned him about the guy lest he come back. He told me that he sensed something fishy also and good that I was aware of it also. Then I asked the manager to bring me to the bus terminal and wait for me to ride before leaving me...

I did not think of that incident anymore since I was excited on my trip to Lucban. I just considered it as one of the unlucky events when I could be found in a place far far from home...

Then I told the story in the office and they have their own theories... ahh -- a stalker? a possible kidnapper? possible that he was also in the bus I took and went down when he saw me for a possible opportunity to dupe me???...hmmm.. probably thinks I am a sucker! Anyway, now that I think of it I am just glad that I asked the manager to go with me when I met him... plus that I am safe back home... and I hope that I never meet him again!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home