KaLeiDosThoughtsbutterfly

Random thoughts... Happy Thoughts... Sad thoughts... Anything goes!!!

Saturday, April 23, 2005

Narcissus and the Lake...

or should I say, Narcissus and the lake… Pete and Bethist?

Have you read Paulo Coelho’s The Alchemist?
In his prologue, he talks of the beautiful Narcissus and the fresh lake that turned salty after Narcissus drowned while contemplating his beauty on that lake…the lake wept for Narcissus NOT because she missed his beauty (actually she never even realized he was beautiful!!!) but because she can no longer see her beauty reflected in his eyes while he looks at himself in the lake

I wept when Pete would no longer talk to me NOT ONLY because I could no longer feel the goodness and happiness he draws from me when we talk… but also because I miss the goodness I saw in him whenever we talked...I don’t know if he realize just how beautiful he is despite being bipolar…

He has his reason for saying goodbye and I respect him but I sure miss our talks!

I should not be thinking about him anymore… trying to focus on a lot of things but there are times that I still think of him… and today I remember him again for I just got an email that I won $2 for my webpage on our friendship… it is a raffle they have on a site I posted on.

The money will be going to Pete's paypal account (that’s the account in the page…no paypal in the Philippines, remember?) I wonder if it is still active for I asked him to open a paypal specifically for that site. I hope it is.

Don’t know what his reaction will be when he gets the notice for the payment… but I hope that somehow he remembers me and the good times we shared! And now I'm humming the song Do you miss me?
Oh okay, i might as well look for it and post it here:

Do You miss me?
by Morris Albert (with notes in CAPS by beth)

When the lights go out
And the sun goes down
And you linger there (IN YOUR MONITOR)
Do you think sometimes
Of the fun we had
And the love (FRIENDSHIP) we shared
In that house on the hill (IN OUR MONITORS)
Yes, we loved (TALKED) the (YOUR) night away
Sweet sunrise sweet sunrise
Do you miss me,
Once in a while, do you miss me
Now and again, do you go (CHECK)
To that house on the hill (OUR FRIENDSHIP SITE & EMAILS)
Do you miss me, now and again, do you miss me
Once in a while, babe (PETE)
Do you go to our house on the hill (OUR FRIENDSHIP SITE & EMAILS)
As the days go by,
Do you sometimes think
Of the time we met (RANDOM THROUGH ICQ)
On that rainy night, how we sheltered there (IT WASN'T RAINING!)
All your clothes were wet (WERE THEY?)
In that house on the hill (OUR MONITORS) Yes, we loved (TALKED) the night away
Sweet sunrise sweet sunrise
Do you miss me,
Once in a while, do you miss me
Now and again, do you go
To that house on the hill (TO OUR FRIENDSHIP SITES)
Do you miss me,
Once in a while, do you miss me
Now and again, do you go
To that house on the hill (OUR FRIENDSHIP SITES)
In that house on the hill (OUR FRIENDSHIP SITES)
Yes, we loved (TALKED) the night away
Sweet sunrise sweet sunrise
Do you miss me,
Once in a while, do you miss me
Now and again, do you go
To that house on the hill
Do you miss me,
Once in a while, do you miss me
Now and again, do you go
To that house on the hill …

Okay... I've let some of the emotions out... I better go downstairs and focus on other things lest I cry again. Don't want to cry anymore!

3 Comments:

Blogger admin said...

I've read 'The Alchemist' and I think it is one of his best work. Just finished reading 'Eleven Minutes' mas nakaka-senti!

8:34 AM  
Blogger elizabeth said...

I've seen the book in National Book Store before and was thinking of buying but considering that i was "sort of" heart-broken thought i'd read it another time...

12:22 AM  
Blogger elizabeth said...

this is an update to my melodramatic post!
There i was wondering what Pete's reaction will be if he got the $2 in his paypal and it turns out that the $2 was sent to another paypal account (my sis-in-law's account which i gave since i also won a $1 earlier from the same person). So Pete will never know about this afterall and I didn't have to feel blue thinking about him and missing him...but can't help since i miss him actually-- i still miss our talks!
anyway, i hope he is doing great!

5:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home