KaLeiDosThoughtsbutterfly

Random thoughts... Happy Thoughts... Sad thoughts... Anything goes!!!

Friday, April 22, 2005

The hardest thing in the world to understand...

I was home this noon and got a chance to see Game ka na ba?

The Million dollar, este Peso question was to complete Albert Einstein’s quote “The hardest thing in the world to understand is the __________” (2 words).

I left before they said the answer so I asked what it was when I got home… (hey, I was curious!!!)

The answer – INCOME TAX
“The hardest thing in the world to understand is the income tax!”

Well Einstein lived in another country and in another time. Had he been here in our country it would have been easy for him to prepare his income tax. I only have one employer so I don’t even have to file a return. They have withheld from me all the amounts due the government so I don’t have to pay anything anymore. Imagine no need to go to the Bureau or banks to have my form received!

BUT just what is the context of that quote by Einstein…
I wonder!

Was it just on the preparation of the return? I saw a US income tax form and it was not really a form but more a book, so unlike our form which is simple. You don’t even have to keep track of your bills or keep your receipts as reference for your forms…

or Was it the logic for taxation? Well i believe that there’s some logic to government needing a source of revenue to serve the people.

…or what? Think… think… think…

I guess for our country, the hardest thing to understand on taxation is how come the middle class has to bear the biggest burden…how come despite all the tax withheld from my payslips… so little… so very little… so very very little ever comes back to me while more is given to those who don’t pay any… why our government can’t curb corruption from the bureae… why… why…

Ahhh… this is whacking my brain and I want a good night’s sleep.. guess I better stop thinking and just agree with Einstein… he is a genius after all...

3 Comments:

Blogger admin said...

AGREE! I'm actually glad that I'm not paying my taxes in the Philippines anymore where you hardly get anything back.

1:40 AM  
Blogger elizabeth said...

Okay.. never mind the taxes but don't forget some remittances to your family too... the dollars and pounds and euros and yens and dinars etc.. etc.. will certainly help propel our economy... it sure needs a lot of boost!

5:55 PM  
Blogger elizabeth said...

hehehe craig... i am sure you totally agree with that!

1:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home