KaLeiDosThoughtsbutterfly

Random thoughts... Happy Thoughts... Sad thoughts... Anything goes!!!

Sunday, April 03, 2005

Goodbye, Pope John Paul II

The Pope died early this morning our time and the world mourns a well-loved Pope. I knew it was just a matter of hours last night judging by the news so I tried to stay downstairs and watch the developments in CNN until I could not keep up anymore. I couldn't do anything anyway just watching TV so I went to my room and prayed then slept.

He was gone when I woke up! But will he ever be gone? He is now in heaven but his memory will live in our hearts.

I remember the joy I felt when I saw him on his last trip to the Philippines. There were just too many people that wanted to see him and it was really hard to come close and take a good view. People lined everywhere and when the Pope mobile passed us and I had a good view of him--- with his smiling face and rosy cheeks, I felt so happy!!! There was just something in him that touches your heart!

His last photos and videos show him in pain but still holding on, it is a good reminder for us to move on despite our difficulties.. to give our best! But I would like to remember him the way he looked when he came to Manila when joy and peace overflowed from his face.

Paalam Santo Papa! We will surely miss you!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home